Sunday, January 20, 2019

Lucid Dreams

Recently I've been experiencing -- what I'm fairly sure are -- Lucid Dreams.  They typically show up shortly before I wake up, which makes perfect sense to me.  

Here is Wikipedia's definition of that phenomenon: "lucid dream is a dream during which the dreamer is aware that they are dreaming. During a lucid dream, the dreamer may gain some amount of control over the dream characters, narrative, and environment; however, this is not necessary for a dream to be described as lucid."  When I'm in such a state, I can "hear myself" thinking -- and maybe talking -- about what is happening and what should happen next.

I don't know how useful or diagnostic this is.  It's quite possible I've been doing Lucid Dreaming for months or years, but given my current interest in dreams, I'm simply more aware of what's going on.   At this point, I'm not even sure how many of the dreams I've documented that were Lucid.

I've copied out Wikipedia's entire entry about these dreams and placed the copy in the binder I've set up for my Project.     

No comments:

Post a Comment