Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Bad Dreams 14 -- Morning of 11/29/18

These two images were, I felt, part of a larger dream sequence.  But I couldn't remember any of that sequence.  I recall that each of the two images were repeated several times, so that makes it sound important.  Here are the two images I recall:

Image 1: I am standing in front of a "blackboard."  It's actually one of those green metallic boards like we used back in college, but as you know, they're still called "blackboards."  By me, anyway...  But I digress.  

I am standing in front of a blackboard and my assignment is to draw -- or help draw -- a horizontal line across the board from one side to the other.  I am thinking about screw eyes to hold a piece of string in place, but really don't want to start making holes in the board, the frame, or the wall.  I consider masking tape to hold the string in place, but that doesn't sound like a firm way to keep the string from pulling loose.  And I'm not sure whether the string itself is supposed to be The Line or whether it's simply the guide for the installation of the real line.  And although there are several people around me looking at the board, I don't think any of them are any better acquainted with the project than I am.  So I don't ask anybody for help.  Even though I can't proceed with the project as it is.  

Image 2:  
I am standing on a hill in the countryside.  I look down on fenced-in squares of lush grass and have the idea that these squares are for horses to feed.  This would explain the "avenues" separating the squares.  The avenues would be to get the horses from one area to another without passing through the squares themselves.  Everything seems to be in excellent shape.  The fences are painted crisply with white and they show up wonderfully well against the green of the grass.  

No comments:

Post a Comment