Friday, January 11, 2019

Bad Dreams 18 -- Morning of 1/11/19

In my dream, I'm standing outside.  There are trees around me and I'm standing next to a dirt road.  I think there may be a few buildings around me, but they don't get involved much in the "action" of my dream.  The weather is warm but not hot.  It's a perfect time of day on a perfect day.

I'm standing fairly close to a "boat" that's on some kind of trailer.  In retrospect, it's a terrible construction.  It's made of tree limbs lashed together.  The limbs are in the range of several inches in diameter.  The bark's still on the limbs and the limbs themselves are anything but straight.  The limbs actually form the outline of a hull with large spaces between adjacent lashed-together pieces of wood.  In retrospect, it might barely float but certainly wouldn't perform as a working boat.  

I have the feeling that I've just escaped from jail.  I'm not worried about being captured and sent back to jail, I just feel as if I've been recently freed.  And I'm grateful and feeling wonderful about things.  

There are several other people about my age (late teens/early twenties) and we're all examining the "boat" with great admiration and enthusiasm.  I'm wondering if I will be allowed to join the crew when the boat's placed in the water.  I definitely want to be in that!

We consider the boat to be a catamaran, even though, in retrospect, it is shaped (if you can even call it "shaped") like a scow.  There is a vertical assembly of tree limbs which were meant to be the mast.  It's nowhere near tall enough to function that way, and nothing visible on it to suggest that you could bend a sail onto it.  

The feeling of joint admiration and enthusiasm for the boat is palpable.  We all bask in our imagined thoughts of how fast the boat would/will go when placed in navigable water.  

No comments:

Post a Comment