Thursday, January 17, 2019

Bad Dream 23 -- Morning of 1/17/19

Second dream fragment of the morning:

I am in a large, open office area.  I work here.  I walk over to my desk which, like the desks around us, is free-standing.  It's not against a wall and it's not enclosed in a cubicle.  All these desks (I can only see 4 or 5, but I have the impression that the line of desks goes left and right farther than that) are aligned side-by-side.  

As I approach the desk -- from the "visitor's side" rather than the side where my chair is -- I can see that someone has been messing around with stuff on the top of my desk.  Not a whole lot, but things are not arranged quite as they were when I last saw my desk.

I approach the desk and notice that my coffee cup is missing.  There are (I think) a few pieces of broken crockery, but they're all white while my cup had a dark color to it.  

I also note that one of my tooth guards is sitting on my desk.  (I can't imagine why it's on my desk to begin with.  It belongs home sitting on a drinking cup ledge waiting for me to insert into my mouth as I get ready for bed.)  But someone has broken it.  Which is equally puzzling, as the tooth guard is a soft, flexible, rubbery plastic.  But it definitely has a large piece missing.  

I am standing there musing about what has happened when the dream ends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment