Thursday, January 17, 2019

Bad Dream 22 -- Morning of 1/17/19

Short fragment:

I am on a fairly large ship, looking over the rail at the water, which is 10 or 15 feet below me.  

I see a pod of dolphins swimming past -- slowly and quite close to the ship's hull.  Their fins are quite obvious against the water, and I sometimes see the shape of the rest of their bodies.

Excited, I scamper to a lower deck.  Here, there is a large window looking out at the water.  The surface of the water is perhaps 1/4 of the way up the window.  

The dolphins are still passing the ship -- left to right.  I see their absolute black dorsal fins on (I think) most of them, and occasionally the dolphin's back reaches the surface so I can just see the entire fin.  Except for the intervening glass, I could reach out and touch them they are so close.

One of them swims very close to the glass and raises his (pretty sure it's a him, but might be mistaken) head above the water.  Which allows him to look into the ship.  I can see his right eye very clearly -- it's a mottled light brown, which I find surprising.  I hope that he's looking at me as I look at him, but I don't know if he does -- or even whether he can, given the reflectivity of the glass.  He lowers his head and swims away.

No comments:

Post a Comment