Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Bad Dream 21 -- Morning of 1/15/2019

(This is my second dream of this morning.  The first dream drifted away before I could catch any of it.)

I am standing in some sort of public facility.  It isn't quite a gun shop and it's not quite a hotel.  But people are walking by -- in and out of a very commercial-looking door.  They walk past me in a very purposeful manner.  Obviously they're going somewhere to do something important to them.

On an extensive rack on the wall, there is a collection of guns -- mainly long guns (rifles and shotguns).  I'm concerned that there is no safeguard to keep people from simply walking over to the rack and picking up a gun.  

There's nothing I can do to prevent this, but at least I can check all the guns to make sure they're not loaded.  So nobody gets hurt.

The first gun I pick up is a very small rifle.  Short, light, and holds only a single small-caliber cartridge.  I "break" the gun open and look down the barrel.  I can see all the way through the barrel to the daylight at the far end, so the gun is certainly safe.  

The next gun I pick up is a revolver -- and I don't quite know how to release the cylinder so I can inspect the chambers.  I'm concerned that anything I touch on the gun might cause it to go off, so I handle it very carefully.  I see that I can rotate the cylinder freely, and this allows me to inspect each and every chamber.  I rotate the cylinder considerably to be absolutely sure I've seen every chamber.  It's empty of ammunition.  I start to feel pretty good about the exercise.

There's a "foggy" piece of the dream here, where I think I muck around with a few other guns, but I don't have any clear image of what I'm doing.

The next gun that I have a clear recollection of is a full-size semi-automatic hunting rifle.  Quite possibly a 30-06.  It doesn't have an external magazine that I could pull off; rather it stores all its ammunition inside the frame of the gun.  I can't see the hammer, so I don't know if it's cocked.  It may be fully loaded or completely empty -- and I can't figure out how to find out without possibly discharging the weapon.  

I want to put the gun back on the rack and, maybe, move on to the next gun.  But I realize that people associated with the facility are watching me with concern.  And, since I don't know them and they don't know me, I can easily understand their concern.  Keeping my fingers well away from the trigger, I go to place the gun back where I found it.  As I move, I abandon my plan of examining all the guns on the rack.  

No comments:

Post a Comment