Monday, February 25, 2019

Bad Dream 44 -- Morning of 2/25/19

I think I had this dream this morning, woke up a little bit, went back to sleep and had the dream again.  Kind of like yesterday...

In my dream, I'm playing a game with three other "people": two Unidentifiables (who are shaped like people and act like people, but don't have faces) and a Pirate, who is all done up in appropriate Pirate garb.  

We're playing a game whereby a pair of people push a "pendulum" weight-on-a-stick back and forth to each other, while the other two people push an identical weight back and forth to themselves across the same open area.  The weight is a bit smaller than a basketball and weighs about 10 pounds.  I am supposed to push my pendulum across this open space to Unidentifiable A (the two Unidentifiables are reminiscent of the characters that showed up in that Steed-and-Emma "Avengers" episode that included dreaming).  And then Unidientifiable A pushes the weight back to me.  Identifiable B is standing next to me, and he/she is pushing an identical weight across the same open space to the Pirate, who then pushes it back to Unidentifiable B.  

When the weight comes to me this time from Unidentifiable A, I want to give it an especially hard push.  I don't know why.  Maybe just showing off or trying to enliven the exercise.  But in any case, the weight goes over to the Pirate rather than to my partner -- Unidentifiable A.  Understandably, this causes an upset in the "program," and it takes a bit of time for the weights to return to their previous pattern.

The weight comes back to me, and I want to make amends for screwing up the game with my last hard push.  So I push the weight back across the open space a bit harder -- making sure I aim carefully for Unidentifiable A and not the Pirate.  To my chagrin, the weight crosses the open space heading directly towards the Pirate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment