Monday, February 11, 2019

Bad Dream 34 -- Morning of 2/10/19


I think this is the ending part of a larger dream, but that's how it is:

In my dream, I am standing in an unidentifiable room with three people: a Mom, a Dad, and their late-teenage son. 

The parents are asking their kid something like: "How could you do such a thing?" and he's reluctant to answer.  It seems I am an important mediator in this family, and it seems to be okay with all three parties if the kid whispers to me the explanation of his actions. 

He leans close to me and puts his lips very close to my ear.  (I'm pretty sure it is my right ear...)  And he whispers something so softly that I can't make out any of the words.  Now, this creates a problem for me: if I ask the kid to speak louder, his folks might hear what he's saying -- and that might turn out to be a Bad Thing.  On the other hand, whatever the issue was, it's created serious concern on the part of the parents.  But I trust all three people to be playing this one pretty honestly. 

So if the kid feels he should be given absolution for what he did, I believe it no matter what it is.  So I tell Mom and Dad: "It's okay.  I think what happened was really okay and nothing to worry about."  Or words to that effect.  And all three people seem to be relieved. 

I feel that the faith that the parent have had in the kid remains intact (a good thing) and the kid understands that whatever-it-was could result in serious consequences and he should think very carefully before doing it again.  Whatever it was...  

No comments:

Post a Comment