Saturday, February 23, 2019

Bad Dream 41 -- Morning of 2/23/19

I believe this is the end fragment of a longer dream, but I also believe I dreamed it at least twice on the same morning:

In my dream, I am lying down -- or at least very comfortable -- and about to continue reading a book that I've enjoyed a great deal.  Physically, the book is a better quality than just paperback, but the covers are black leatherette and somewhat flexible.  (There are a lot of Bibles fabricated like this, but this book is much shorter than the Bible.)

I open the book and begin to read.  The book maintains whatever literary quality it has had in the past by being a most pleasant thing to read.  But when I turn the page, I am surprised and disappointed that the book is done.  Finished.  No more to read.  I'm staring at the inside of the back cover.

As I sit here writing this out, I am frightened that the dream represents -- or foretells, maybe -- the death of someone I love.  And that it might be me.  I rarely have such thoughts and I haven't believed in the ability of dreams to predict or foretell the future.  But that's the "Aha" that I have at the moment about the dream.  And the dream did, it seems, repeat itself for me.

I hope and pray that I will re-read this in the days upcoming and be able to say, "Well, okay.  I guess I missed on that!  Thank the Lord..."

No comments:

Post a Comment