Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Bad Dream 36 -- Morning of 2/13/12

In my dream, I am standing in a store -- pretty much by myself.  Either the store is going out of business or it is making a massive change in inventory, because the shelves were either bare or the merchandise (mainly cardboard boxes) is packed up with string.  

I am walking along past the rows of packaged merchandise with a friend.  He decides, for a reason that he doesn't share with me, that it's time to leave the building and he jumps up a bit to crawl out of a window.  The window is roughly 20 inches high and maybe 3 feet wide.  It's located maybe six feet off the ground.  In other words, it's a difficult window to use as an exit, but he makes the trip look easy.  It's clear that he expects me to use the same method of egress.  I plan to follow him.

I climb up over several cartons of merchandise to something close to the height of the window.  I ponder for a bit the best way to try an get out the window: feet first?  head first?  I decide that thinking about it is not going to get the job done.  

So I put my head out the window, along with my arms and shoulders.  I realize that, if I continue with this approach, I might just land on my head and/or hands on the outside of the building.  This would be not only clumsy looking, but quite possibly injurious.  So I try to bring my legs -- or at least my hips up to the window so that my torso would be through the window.  With any luck, I will land on the ground in reasonable shape.  

It takes considerable effort to get the appropriate portions of my anatomy up to the window and through it, but it seems to be working okay.  I would like to think that this is a well thought-out process, but by this time, it's "Just get it done!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment