Thursday, February 21, 2019

Bad Dream 40 -- Morning of 2/21/19

In my dream, I am working in some kind of office setting.  I think I've recently  been relocated from elsewhere in the organization.  And things are not going well in the office.  It's not clear to me, the dreamer, what the problem is, but people all around me seem nervous.  As if they expect something untoward to happen. 

I have a wound on my right thigh -- on the outer surface of the thigh.  It's quite round and it's about the size of an old-fashioned silver dollar coin.  I have no idea what caused the injury, but it seems to be healing well.  

For reasons that are not clear to me -- except possibly associated with the nervousness of everyone around me -- I pull up my pants leg and pull off the scab, which exposes the reddish raw flesh underneath.  It's not bleeding much if at all, but the tissue exposed is clearly subcutaneous.  Clearly, this action of mine is going to require assistance to cover over the wound and allow a new scab to form.  I know there is a nurse-level medical office on a floor above us and start to make plans to visit there and get some dressing for the wound.  

I am approached by a woman who was a secretary in the part of the organization I've just left, but it's not clear to me whether I've left that part of the organization and she's still there or whether we've both departed that part of the organization.  She is snarky with me, but I feel that's okay.  It's just her way of chatting up people she knows and basically likes.  I think she says something like "Well, aren't we getting up in the world lately?"  (Suggesting that my new job is something of a promotion.)

(My notes from last night end with a new line and just the word "Staple?" on the line.  Whether that's related to my wound or not is something I simply don't remember...)

No comments:

Post a Comment