Saturday, December 15, 2018

Tears

Over the last several weeks, I'm finding that I am close to weeping at almost any time.  It doesn't take much to "reduce me to tears."

And I recall the wisdom of that psychologist in Toronto back in 1970 (or thereabouts...) who pointed out the considerable difference between crying and weeping: you cry in times of pain, sadness, feelings of loneliness, and the like.  You weep when you are simply overcome with emotion.  And that's what I've been doing.  

I feel that my emotions, my sensitivity to people and events around me, are closer to "the surface" than they have been.  That my defenses are lowered.  My openness to emotion is... well, more open.  

And that's a good thing.  I think I would miss this openness if it weren't somehow presented to the "everyday" me.  And I welcome this.  

My feeling is that it lines up with my newly re-found ability to remember dreams and wherewithal to write them down.  

It's time for a major shift and much in my life is readying itself for that to happen.  

It's a ticket to Somewhere.  

No comments:

Post a Comment