Sunday, December 23, 2018

Bad Dreams 10 -- Morning of 12/19/18

This dream happened several days ago -- and I am just finding the time to document it.  So some of the details have slipped away in the intervening time.

I am driving around in a car with another guy.  Someone who reminds me of Jack Klugman.  Which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned -- I've always been a Jack Klugman fan.  However, the two of us are, like, gangsters.  He's the senior member of the duo, but I'm driving the car.  I feel he's in the car with me to show me the ropes of this line of work.

We're driving around a lot.

He's been told we should drive behind a big building, stop, and wait in the car.  We do that and wait for some time, but no one shows up.  We don't get any further instructions.  I start driving away -- slowly.  I tell him I think we're being set up for a hit.  He doesn't respond.  

(There feels like some kind of hitch/reset/change in the dream at this point.)

We drive past two enormous flags.  They're set at angles to each other with the flagstaffs crossing about midway. One, I think is a Maryland state flag.  I don't recall clearly what the other one was, but it might have been a Confederate flag.  There are two guys standing close to the flags who are dressed like Civil War reinactors. 

The other guy in the car is in the back seat.  I talk over my shoulder to him but he doesn't respond.  I look back to look at him.  He's thinking.  I understand that he thinking that I was right -- that we were being set up.  And he didn't see that coming.  And he's concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment