Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Bad Dream 68 -- Morning of 4/17/19

This is the "tail end" of a lengthy -- almost Dickensian -- dream that I can't remember at all...

(This dream took place while Deb and I were on vacation with two friends: Frank and Jean-Marie.  I didn't bother to mention this in my post-dream write-up.)

In my dream, I am driving away from... whatever the rest of the dream was all about.  I am actually doing the driving but I am accompanied by an unrecognizable.  I feel pretty good leaving the whatever, but a bit anxious as well.  Maybe as if not all issues that I'm leaving behind have been thoroughly dealt with.

As I drive, I look in my rear view mirror and see the "scene" that I'm leaving (which I can't possibly describe now) slowly grow smaller and farther away in the distance.  

Suddenly, there is a loud knocking coming from the back of my vehicle (which is shaped like a small SUV or a station wagon).  It is a rapping of knuckles against auto glass -- a rather unmistakable sound.  It seems to be coming from the back window, but I can't tell whether the knocker is inside the vehicle or holding onto something outside my vehicle and is driving along with us.  Five insistent raps.  I look in my rear view mirror and see something moving at the back of my vehicle which seems to be inside, but I can't be absolutely sure.  

Then there is a second set of five insistent raps -- that seem to be louder and more insistent.  

I think there is a third set of raps which is even more insistent and is "loud enough" in my dream that it wakes me up with a start.  Really wakes me up, not just dream wakes me up.  The clock says it's 2:45 or so in the morning.  I look over at Deb to confirm that she's all right.  She is.  I look around the rest of the room and everything seems to be normal.  I go downstairs and confirm that all the doors are locked.  I go outside and confirm that the car is okay.  It is.  I look at the bottom of the door to where Frank and J-M are sleeping, but there's no light there.  So there doesn't seem to be an issue anywhere throughout the house or driveway.  

After everyone is up, I confirm that everything is okay.

ANALYSIS  
It may mean something that I have "suggested" that we drive down to Pea Island this morning to do some birding.  And find the Blind that will allow us to do so.  J-M thought that my asking for a 5:00 departure was unreasonable and she said so.  We negotiated a 5:30 departure.  I don't know how that might be related to the dream, but I thought I would mention it so I don't lose that information.

But dreams often play with words.  And it's also the case that, when I wake up at 2:45, I have a pretty severe case of indigestion -- and I take one of my "candy" Alka-Seltzer pills.  My thought is that the dream may have a play on "gas" (my digestive situation) and "glass" where the sound of the rapping is coming from.  

That's all I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment