Friday, April 12, 2019

Bad Dream 67 -- Morning of 4/12/19

In my dream, I am sitting at a table roughly akin to a picnic table, but a good deal rougher.  I am in a nondescript room and can't see walls or ceiling.  I am sitting on a bench rather like the bench associated with a picnic table.  

The only other "person" in my dream is sitting directly across from me.  He is wearing a hooded robe which makes it impossible to see his face.  It is the image of the classic Death figure.  I'm not afraid of him and I don't feel he is here to do me any harm.

In my right hand, which sits on or just above the table a bit to my side of the middle of the table, is a scroll.  I lift my hand and extend the scroll towards the other figure.  Mirroring my movement exactly, he extends his right hand towards me -- and it hold a scroll as well.  It is obvious that the intent of all this is to exchange the two scrolls -- which we do.  

My "Aha"  
Very soon after I woke, I felt firmly that the robed figure was my Unconscious -- and the movement we made was an exchange of awarenesses (or something like that).

This character was quite different from the unidentifiables that show up in my dreams from time to time.  Human figures that seem to have a knitted head covering that completely hid their faces.  (I've attributed these figures to be "placeholders" -- someone just to occupy a place without entering into the narrative of the dream.)  I still couldn't see the face of the character across the table from me, but I felt he or I could easily pull back the hood and expose his face if that seemed appropriate.  

I was handing him the story of my waking moments -- my experiences, my thoughts, my feelings.  And in return, he was handing me a written document describing how my Unconscious responded to all that.  

So I think of the dream as being a confirmation of this "deal": I would continue to experience things and bring that information to my sleeping self and my Unconscious would respond to those things in an effort to support me.  

Why now for this dream?  Possibly because my colonoscopy yesterday turned out so well.  I had been concerned about that because I had experienced a month-long bout of constipation -- during which stool softeners and laxatives weren't being very helpful.  As if there was some other major blockage in my intestinal tract.  

Nope!

No comments:

Post a Comment