Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Bad Dream 59 -- Morning of 3/19/10

In my dream, I'm at Mitch's gym looking our the west-facing windows at the pool of water that almost always lies on the roof of the building next door.  

Much to my surprise, there are a considerable number of birds standing next to the pool drinking.  (Yesterday, Brian and I saw a pair of turkey buzzards -- or were they vultures? -- on that roof drinking from the pool.  The first time we've ever seen that by any bird or other animal.)  Birds included (I think) blue jays and cardinals and others of that ilk.  

Initially, I was quite pleased to see them.  Then I puzzled as to why we'd never seen them before -- after looking at that pond for years.  And the ancillary question: would we ever see them again?

I wondered if the birds felt it was okay to drink that water because it was relatively fresh -- not contaminated by the roofing material or other bad chemicals.  Then I wondered if the birds could adequately tell whether the water was safe to drink, and were they possibly poisoning themselves?  

ANALYSIS:  My "aha" analysis of what I saw and felt extended from the birds to the people around me.  Specifically, cell phones.  We all use our phones regularly and for all sorts of things.  We drink in amusement, information, conversations, etc. from our phones.  And we do this with little or no consideration about the possible negative effects of being so dependent, so addicted, to our phones.  Because at the moment of usage, it seemed to be nothing other than helpful.  And dare I say it, necessary?  Like water...  

No comments:

Post a Comment