Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Bad Dream 54 -- Morning of 3/12/19

In my dream, Deb and I are at some sort of event.  Lots of people sitting down at tables -- and something like 6 or 8 people per table.  

Deb points out that Morris Christian is sitting at an adjacent table and as I look over in the direction that Deb is pointing to, I see him.  And obviously he sees me and is trying to get my attention.  

I wouldn't have known Morris if I had just seen him without Deb identifying who that persons was.  Morris' skin is lighter than I remember and his face was softer, thinner, and kinder.  

The scene shifts, and now Morris and I are together and -- as far as I can tell -- we're alone together.  

(I have a note at this point that says the 3rd party asks us about a person whose name and identity I can't recall.  But the dream continues as noted.)  

I find myself "confessing" to Morris: I hate my job and most everything that goes with it.  I'm good at my job and it's interesting and -- at some level -- quite rewarding, but overall I feel trapped into doing it and it's weighing heavily on me that I'm still doing it.  

I can tell that Morris understands this.  And after I wake up and remember how Morris had to behave and how he was treated back at Leeds & Northrup, I feel akin to how he must have felt.  It was demeaning and soul crushing but still interesting.  And however much I hated it, it was necessary that I stay there and do the job.  

No comments:

Post a Comment