Sunday, August 4, 2019

Bad Dream 92 -- Morning of 8/2/91

In my dream, I have just finished up some activity.  It may have been being in the audience of a theatrical or musical performance or visiting a museum or a sporting event or...

In any case, I am outside the building where I've been and walking a bit.  I didn't drive a car to this event and am concerned that I might have to walk home -- which feels like it would be several miles.  Visually, I am reminded of West Chester Pike  in towards Upper Darby as I look at and/or think about the road I would walk along.  It feels as if it's rather late in the day.  There's still lots of sunlight, but that might disappear if I have to walk all the way home.  

Ahead of me, I see what looks like a open-air bus stop, which feels promising.  Maybe I can get a ride back to my house, or at least a lot closer.  As I approach the canopy that comprises the bus stop, I see a bus pull up to it and stop.  This feels very promising!  The bus is rather newish in appearance and quite clean.  I get aboard the bus without asking any questions and don't need to pay a fee: it's pointed in the right direction, do why bother asking questions?  There are a few people already on the bus.  I don't recognize anyone.  

The bus starts up and begins to move, and something tells me that I may have made a mistake in getting on.  There's a similarity between all the other people on the bus, even though some are male and others female, some are considerably younger than others.  I can't identify why they "feel" similar.  It's not threatening or reassuring.  

I'm not sure whether I ask someone about "Where are we headed?" or I just figure it out, but I now understand that the bus is part of the transportation system for the local college.  And there's a hint from somewhere that the bus is part of the football program at the school.  And I think about Penn State's huge campus, even though I've never spent any time at State College.  

People on the bus are looking at me now -- not angry or curious, just looking.  They seem to understand that I really shouldn't be on the bus.  It doesn't bother them that I am, it's just they know I am not going to the college.  

I'm okay staying on the bus, because it is taking me in the right direction and I "know" I can get off when I need to.  And the bus is a whole lot faster towards getting home than hoofing it the entire distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment