Sunday, May 12, 2019

Bad Dream 74 -- Morning of 5/12/19

(This dream took place the first night of Residency 4 of my School of the Spirit experience.)

In my dream, I am standing on a paved surface.  It is a road/sidewalk/pathway from somewhere to somewhere else.  The paving is divided into fairly large rectangles -- and may be concrete or stone.  The blocks are evenly laid and a light gray and/or tan.  

I notice that there is a small plant growing in the division between two of the blocks.  It is quite thin and maybe 3 or 4 inches tall.  It has a leaf or maybe two, but they are also quite small and fragile looking.

I reach down and pull the plant out from between the blocks.  I consider this -- as I do this -- to be an act of simply tidying up.  We can't allow a plant to grow in the middle of the road/sidewalk/pathway now, can we?

I pull the plant completely free of the ground and am surprised to see how deep the root(s) have grown.  Then it makes sense to me that a plant must firmly anchor itself into the ground and also establish an adequate pathway for the moisture and nourishment of the soil to enter the plant's "body."  

I am quickly regretful for not giving this action on my part some thought before I pulled the plant out of the ground.  And am torn intellectually and otherwise: on one hand, the plant posed a threat to the integrity of the road/sidewalk/pathway if it were allowed to keep growing.  On the other hand, it seems by the evidence that the plant was going to be robust and grow into who-knows-what.  

I realize that it would be impossible to re-plant the seedling in the space where I pulled it out of.  And it seemed to me to be unlikely that the plant would continue growing if I took the time and trouble to re-plant it somewhere else.  

No comments:

Post a Comment