Sunday, January 23, 2022

Bad Dream 158 -- Travels with Scott Sampson, etc.

In my dream, I am in a variety of places with a variety of persons.  Very chapteresque.  And a great deal of detail that I'm afraid has evaporated.  

The other "person" in this dream is Scott Sampson, the Architect on our recently completed Meetinghouse renovation project, with a smattering of Zinc, one of my dearest friends and recently departed.

Scott and I have had some kind of falling out recently, but we find ourselves together in a car trip of some considerable distance.  We've kind of patched up whatever the issue(s) was/were in the past, but still a bit wary of each other.  

One stop on our trip is at a small corner restaurant.  Wooden floor, it feels quite homey and inviting.  There is a family standing in front of us to get inside, nice-looking Mom and Dad and one or two kids... and a Canada Goose.  The goose is standing quietly near the kids and it seems to feel it's simply one of the kids -- and the family is perfectly fine with that.  They enter the restaurant, with Scott and me closely behind.  The family is met by a guy who's probably the owner or at least the manager.  He greets the family warmly -- clearly the family are regular customers -- and they stand in the entrance to the dining area chatting amiably.

The owner/manager reaches into one of his pants pockets and takes out a morsel of food and holds it out for the Goose.  The Goose is obviously well practiced in this, as it holds its head straight up and lets the food fall into its mouth.  This happens several times.  Everyone looks pleased about this, including Scott and me.  The owner then moves over to Deb (who just showed up in the dream) and hands her a couple of morsels of food.  The Goose "gets this" and moves over to Deb and stretches its head and neck up to receive the food.  This pleases everybody as well.  Then it is Scott's turn, and that works out well.  Then the Goose looks at me and walks over to stand in front of me.  I haven't been given any morsels of food, so I reach down and gently embrace the Goose -- who doesn't seem to mind, thank goodness!  I am amazed how soft and pleasant the birds feathers are.  It seems to be a pleasure for both me and the Goose.  

The scene shifts now to an old apartment building.  I am standing inside talking with an old lady about (something I forget!).  I seem to have lost contact with Scott, and I think my conversation with this lady include trying to reconnect with him.  As I go to leave and am now back on the sidewalk, the old lady tells me to tell (somebody) that the small park? parking lot? simply isn't going to work and they should stop trying to make it work.  This is obviously an issue for her, although it didn't have anything to do with our previous conversation.  Our car is parked near a corner of two busy streets, and I'm concerned that neither Scott not I can leave via the car separately and abandon the other.  We're a long way from home and would have no other way of getting there.  

I'm also a bit concerned that the car is parked near the corner and is vulnerable to getting sideswiped by another vehicle making a turn at the intersection.  This does not happen.

The scene shifts again and I am in another restaurant, but one with the same homey feel of the previous one.  Scott is there with someone else -- who turns out to be an old friend of his, and he had left me to track down this other guy and spend time with him as the old friends they were.  I am standing, but the two of them are sitting down and eating.  The meal for each consists of a large, very appetizing looking sandwich.  I want to voice my opinion that Scott shouldn't have just walked away without explaining what he was doing, but he holds out a third sandwich to me -- clearly one that he bought for me.  It looks equally appetizing, and I accept that things have turned out okay and I should set aside any grudges or hard feelings.  The sandwich is tuna fish salad, and it smells wonderful!


No comments:

Post a Comment