Sunday, January 16, 2022

Bad Dream 157 -- Saving Ken Taran

I should note that, like so many dreams I've had here at Crosslands, this one was rich in detail and quite vivid -- and I can only remember the "bare bones" of the dream.  That said, here we go:

In my dream, I am in a rather nondescript building and, I think, in the lobby section.  In any case, I'm in an fairly open area with a terrazzo-type floor.  And sitting on that floor is Ken Taran -- and he looks to be in pretty bad shape.

Now I think the important thing about it being Ken is that he gave me my first big break in getting a serious technical job -- doing things I truly enjoyed and that I was good at.  He was interviewing me for a technical trainer position, for which my credentials didn't match up at all well.  I could tell he was about to say: "Thanks a lot for coming in, but we were really looking for someone..." so I took a chance at saying something that showed clearly that I understood what he wanted and that I could supply that.  He frowned at me, then slowly said: "Yeaaaah, that's right.  That's exactly right."  As if it was a conceptual notion he had never considered -- but was spot on,  And he gave me the job -- which I kept for over 15 years.  

So the point being, seeing Ken in such an unhappy situation gets me quite distressed.  I ask the few people around me: "What can we do?  What should we do?" and get no answer.  Clearly, if anyone was going to help poor Ken, it was me.  

(Here's where the dream recollection gets fuzzy.)

I pick Ken up -- which is remarkable in and of itself, because the real Ken Taran is tall and well built.  In "real life" I could never pick him up and hold him in my arms the way I do in this dream.  And I carry him to a place where I think he will at least be more comfortable.  How I can address whatever it is that has made him so weak and depleted is something I simply don't know.  

Somehow in this dream, a doctor shows up, He is young and quite handsome and beams with self confidence.  He looks at Ken and me and tells me that he knows what to do -- not just to make Ken better but to save his life.  (I have been noticing that Ken seems to be getting weaker as I carry him from place to place.) 

Saving him requires getting him to a large boat or small ship moored some distance from the land where we are.  I carry Ken to a concrete dock/pier/wharf while the doctor retrieves a small boat that he will use to carry Ken to the boat moored in the harbor.  

The doctor's dinghy is ridiculously small and the doc is paddling or rowing it over to where I'm standing.  Miraculously, we transfer Ken from my arms to the small dinghy and the doc starts moving towards the larger boat.  

I'm not convinced that the doctor's plan will save Ken, but I know that giving Ken to the doc was the best -- and in fact, only -- possible plan to save him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment