Monday, June 15, 2020

Bad Dream 125 -- Morning of 6/15/20

Another dream that showed up relatively late.  Rather than 2:00 or thereabouts, this showed up around 4:40 or 5:00 this morning.  I was so delighted with the dream that I posted the following on Facebook:

Some of you already know that I've been studying Dream Analysis for the last several years. I'm now keeping a Dream Diary with over 120 entries and counting.
I'd like to share a dream I had this morning -- not because it is loaded with Important Content (some of them are!), but because it's lighthearted and pleasant:
____________________________________
In my dream, I am standing near a tall tree. I have a fairly large white metal sign with writing on it that I wish to hang from the tree so that others can read the writing. (The words on the sign are multi-colored, but the dream does not include information about what the writing says. Dreams are like that.)
I see a pair of branches overhead -- almost parallel to the ground -- that are a good height from which to hang the sign. And the sign has holes at all four corners so that it can be properly tied up and suspended between the two branches. Unfortunately, the branches are just a little bit too far apart for proper alignment of the sign.
So I convince an octopus to climb up into the tree, grab the upper branch with two tentacles and the lower branch with another pair of tentacles. And pull them together a bit so that I can tie up the sign. The octopus doesn't require much convincing and seems genuinely pleased to help.
The octopus performs his/her task beautifully and it becomes an easy job for me to secure all four corners of the sign in place. End of dream.
____________________________________
Now you see, this is why I place so much confidence in Dream Analysis as being a pathway for my Unconscious Self to communicate with the rest of me. I consider myself to be a reasonably clever person, but there's no way the Conscious Me would ever come up with such a delightful, inventive story. And this is something I feel about most of the dreams that I've been documenting: I'm just not that clever, that inventive.
BTW, if you'd like to discuss Dream Analysis in any context, please let me know. Dreams are often best handled by small groups of interested people.

No comments:

Post a Comment