Thursday, March 5, 2020

Bad Dream 114 -- Morning of 3/5/20

This was an intense but broken up dream I had this morning shortly before waking up.  It has several scenes.

Scene 1: I don't remember much from this part, except just being in a place that nourished me deeply.  And I felt it important to "drink it in" as much as I could, since things were likely to change.

Scene 2: In this part of my dream, I am standing in a compartment of a railroad train, which is moving.  The car swings gently a bit from side to side but doesn't cause me to concern myself about my balance.  I am changing clothes -- I'm sure I'm changing pants and shirt, but not sure it goes to skivvies or sox.  There is a chance that someone may come through the door that connects this car to the next one and my activities would certainly surprise them.  It might be a bit embarrassing -- depending on how far I was into the process of changing clothes -- but nothing worse than that.  

I'm not pleased or happy to be changing clothes, but not that upset.  My first set of clothes are not necessarily dirty or smelly -- it's just that I am required somehow to change clothes.

I think this clothes changing is related to Scene 3.

Scene 3: In this scene I am in this space mentioned in Scene 1.  I am outside, near a large body of water.  The air is warm and pleasant.  The sun is shining, but not unpleasantly bright.  There is/are a few boats out on the water -- fairly  far out so I can't make out any details about them.  There are a few people also enjoying the space and time -- but none of them are close enough to me that I might interact with or overhear them.

I have this growing sense of sadness as I walk slowly around this area that I love so much.  I keep saying in my mind: "I don't want to leave.  I don't want to leave."  But I know that leaving is inevitable.  As in the first scene, I do everything I can to drink in and hold memories, details of this wonderful place...

...knowing that once I go it will be unlikely or impossible to return.


Meaning?  I am on the verge of changing several important parts in my life -- none of which I look forward to, but all of which seem to be inevitable.  I can't tell if this dream is a reflection of one of these partings or several or all of them combined.

This includes my relationship to my Quaker Meeting, the Turks Head Jugglers, performing my juggling and/or my dinosaur talks, relocating from 419 W. Union, my gradual decline in physical health and strength, realizing that I am in the crosshairs of this COVID-19 virus given my age and medical history.

No comments:

Post a Comment