Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Bad Dream 106 -- Morning of 12/7/19

In my dream, I am walking through a crowded shopping area.  It's more congested than a typical mall, but consists of rows of shops left and right.  You can't avoid bumping into people, but everyone seems to be getting along with the crowded condition.  They seem to be used to it.

I am walking through this area with two friends -- one male and one female.  I think we're all in maybe our 40's or so.  For some unexplained reason, I'm upset with them.  They decide and suggest to get some ice cream.  I would really like some ice cream myself, but am being petulant -- like a small child.  They get ice cream cones and start walking away.  After they've gone some distance (it's not clear whether I walked with them or not) I return to the ice cream stand to order my own cone.  As was the case earlier, there are a number of clients looking to get service.

I decide I want to get a cone with Butter Brickle ice cream.  The attendant waiting on me looks puzzled and explains that they don't have Butter Brickle.  My petulant behavior rises again and I explain to him that of course they do.  He points to his board of available flavors, and I can't find Butter Brickle on the list.  But I insist that they do have it.  (The list is written with chalk on a slate.  The writing is not well done so that the selections are not easily discernible.  
I am told that yes, they do have Butter Brickle and will prepare my cone immediately.  I feel gratified and justified.  My pique has paid off. 

I start walking away from the ice cream stand and realize that I don't have an ice cream cone of any variety.  

No comments:

Post a Comment