Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Bad Dreams 02 -- morning of 11/20/18

Following shortly after "Bad Dreams 1," I've fallen asleep and am in a different dream:

I am in an old-fashioned store -- one where the products are all located behind a counter, requiring the customer to ask specifically for something.  And I want to purchase either some tape or some Band Aids, I don't recall which.

The clerks behind the counter are three boys in their early teens.  They are quite busy talking to each other and looking at something on the counter -- quite possibly located under a piece of glass.  They point at different places of the item, ignoring me completely.  I ask again and again for service, and every now and then one of them looks up at me blankly but quickly rejoins the conversation and examination of the thing on the counter.  Something that, from my perspective, I can't see.

I get louder and more insistent that I wish to purchase something and occasionally one of the boys looks like he's almost ready to pay attention to me.  I see the item that I want sitting on a shelf behind the boys.  I realize that I could simply lean over the counter and take it, but I'm reluctant to do that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment